Real-time apps with gevent-socketio¶
- General concepts: concurrency, parallelism, threads and processes
- What’s the difference between concurrency and parallelism?
- What’s a coroutine?
- What is a thread?
- What is a process?
- What’s the difference between threads and processes?
- What does that mean in the context of a python application?
- If CPython python has GIL, why do we still use it?
- So we cannot execute in parallel with python?
- Advanced distributed, parallel computing with python
- What is gevent?
- What are greenlets?
- Spawning greenlets via gevent
- General concepts: what are sockets?
- What is Socket.IO?
- A gevent-socketio example